Tuesday, January 23

The invisible touch of life


Tonight I met some of the people from an intellectual community (link in Romanian) that will probably shape the way Romania will look like in a few year's time. I wrote about meeting them in a previous post. It is always a pleasure and an mind-refreshing experiene to see them and to talk to them. So much more than the average experience one gets to every day when dealing with clients and colleagues.

I remember my participation in the SDV - Summer School in 2002 as being one of the signposts of my student and adult life. In brief, a student association brings together in Bucharest 30 students from all over the country for a fortnight. They meet with personalities from the political, economic and social environment and ask them some of the most inconvenient of questions. In the end, they edit a sort of "Declaration" of the event, in line with the respective summer school's theme.

The evenings and nights were our favourite time of the day - they were meant for discussions, talking, dancing and laughing a lot. It gave us a sense of unity and of participation that each of us then took back to their lives. Be it careers in IT, management, public sector or academia we then chose, the sense of contribution was sed in each of us.

I am sure that we have already started changing the world, because we were so changed by this experience.

No comments: