Saturday, January 12

Rains keep falling or so it seems

The future rises above us with an avalanche of impossibilities we feel the need to solve. So many unknown things await us, so much unfamiliarity and yet so much joy in discovering the new worlds. And again there comes pain, the bitter follower of uncertain steps, to bite with sharp teeth into the sand castles you architect inside your head.

Sometimes the acute perception of time seems to overwhelm every bit of self conscious thought you have. Sometimes you feel frightened and sometimes confident, the least of times in harmony with yourself and eager for change. And yet, not opening a door limits your possibilities by thousands and fearing what might come can only build another brick in the wall of despair. So why not take a risk? There is nothing to fear in darkness, as there is nothing to fear in yourself. It is the songs that remain unsung that keep us away from mystery.

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know
I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you
(Hoobastank, The Reason)

No comments: