Dragonfly
This day is one of preparation for feast, for the ones who fasted. I found myself thinking this morning - what does fasting really mean? Is it really about denying yourself those cookies, about being what you are not in order to train the will and feel at peace with respecting cannons (and in some cases brag about it)? Or is fasting something that we do every day, with every word we speak, every desire we feel and every look we have at things that do not belong to us although we might have wished it? Thinking about it, it ocurred to me that fasting is actually one's own indulgence towards him/herself. We should love when the time comes, taste the wine when it fills the glass in front of us and laugh when there is something to laugh about. Fasting means being moderate in our everyday life and doing things when they are due, and living at peace with oneself - and the others. It is something perpetual, and not a twelve-weeks-a-year-must-do.
May Easter bring light!... and may it be the beginning of a wonderful fasting/feasting time.
I have this theory, that if we told we’re bad
Then that’s the only idea we’ll ever have
But maybe if we are surrounded in beauty
Someday we will become what we see’cause
anyone can start a conflict
It’s harder yet to disregard it
I’d rather see the world from another angle
We are everyday angels
Be careful with me ’cause I’d like to stay that way
(I'm sensitive, Jewel)
No comments:
Post a Comment