Hour for Magic

Last night I wrote a post about a story I’d read once and that impressed me. Seemingly, Blogger wanted to warn me about my long texts and didn’t save my draft upon previewing. Perhaps it is better this way, the story was a bit long and it would have given way to various Christian, management and existential interpretations on life and what lies beyond it. The idea behind the entry is still nagging at me: the magic in creation is the one spark in our everyday existence that can transform it into bliss. The episode I quoted to illustrate this was a young man pulling out his heart from the chest, a heart so filled with passion and love that it shone like a guiding light for others, illuminating darkness and providing warmth. The same heart was full of bloodand misery when its owner died near to it, in the grass, after fulfilling his mission. Overlooking the setting and the background of the story (close in essence to Plato’s Cave, but defying it by a sort of a happy-end), the plastic image behind this becomes visible: pouring wonder into one’s being – even for the one moment of illumination that will stay with us until the end of time – is the most we ever get from life.
We do not live for moments, though. We are born into processes most of us sustain without taking a step outside the movie and asking who we are, where we are heading and why on earth we want to get there. Our relations are thus loveless, our business lives become pointless, the politics we do are meaningless and our reasoning thoughtless. Reminded of the American Prayer. Jim Morrisson. Break on through the other side (if it'd bring something, I would :) )
Do you know how pale & wanton thrillful
Comes death on strange hour
Unannounced, unplanned for like a scaring over-friendly guest you've brought to bed
Death makes angels of us all & gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws
No more money, no more fancy dress
This other Kingdom seems by far the best until its other jaw reveals incest & loose obedience to a vegetable law
I will not go
Prefer a Feast of Friends
To the Giant family
2 comments:
you were thinking about all of these while being at Blends ?? :)
Dearest .. :-) how could I have been in Blend at 6 AM?
But know, I got the idea of the post after listening to James... I'll recap at a later time.
Dana
Post a Comment