Thursday, December 20

I'll call off the search and just wear the boots

The high heels remained a mystery for me for the past ten years or so, because of my sensitive ankles. After managing to sprain them about seven to eight times a year, it was concluded that wearing high heels was not ideal for my further development, so I switched to trainers, snickers and various other forms of sports equipment. This allowed most of my friends to identify me with a half-blood boy at the best (my way of communicating played a sensitively important part in that). It was me, of course, who invented the famous tagline “I need to wear comfortable shoes” – and adapted it consequently to my comfortable personality, not complicating the life of my delicate ankles and ignoring the mainstream preference of shorter girls to reach other’s noses by wearing higher heels.

Not much changed since then, don't worry :) it’s only that I got myself a pair of high heeled boots during the autumnal change process described in the blog. And guess what: my glory did not fall off, my personality was not threatened and even the noses I managed to reach proved to actually be higher. All in all, wearing heels made me feel less insecure that I might injure my legs than I had originally pictured it, and maybe a bit less of a snickers teenager…


You keep playin' where you shouldn't be playin
and you keep thinkin' that you´ll never get burnt.
Ha! I just found me a brand new box of matches yeah
and what he know you ain't HAD time to learn.
Are you ready boots? Start walkin'!

(Nancy Sinatra, These Boots Are Made for Walkin')

2 comments:

Bob said...

And they are preeeeeeetty.

the Sundancer said...

thanks Bob, they are included in the "shoes must be comfortable" concept :))