The less I speak, the more I get to sleep
There is an advertisment I like very much, for a telecom operator. It says: “The things you do not say are lost” (RO: Lucrurile pe care nu le spui, se pierd). I’d extend it to say the things you would like to do but don’t are also lost. And generally, every attitude you would have liked to have but did not have at the right moment, does not define you. Or every little word you would have liked to say in a certain context, or that hand you would have liked to hold out for a friend, or that kiss you would have liked to give… They are all lost forever, for that particular moment will not return, and the ever changing context will lead to different situations, out of which probably the least will prove satisfactory.
It’s like always telling oneself “Tomorrow I will kiss him” or “Starting today I’ll give money to all the old beggars I see” – and never doing it. These negations create expectations in oneself, and not fulfilling them leads to a state of inner turmoil that never seems to cease. It’s not like you should really say everything that crosses your mind (some stuff might *cross* people around you) – but just remember this is the life, these are the opportunities, and this is what you can or cannot make of them. Pondering risks and evaluating possibilities is ok – as long as you do not get more involved in thinking about the structure than about living it out.
PS: There are some of you who told me they would like to read the blog in Romanian, so I’m pondering the idea.
PS1: Much activity and a great idea from Mihai on the Musicblog lately. Check it out: http://www.musicblog.ro/
I'm hearing images, I'm seeing songs
No poet has ever painted
Voices call out to me, straight to my heart
So strange yet we're so well acquainted
I let the music speak, with no restraints
I let my feelings take over
Carry my soul away into the world
Where beauty meets the darkness of the day
(ABBA, I let the music speak)
It’s like always telling oneself “Tomorrow I will kiss him” or “Starting today I’ll give money to all the old beggars I see” – and never doing it. These negations create expectations in oneself, and not fulfilling them leads to a state of inner turmoil that never seems to cease. It’s not like you should really say everything that crosses your mind (some stuff might *cross* people around you) – but just remember this is the life, these are the opportunities, and this is what you can or cannot make of them. Pondering risks and evaluating possibilities is ok – as long as you do not get more involved in thinking about the structure than about living it out.
PS: There are some of you who told me they would like to read the blog in Romanian, so I’m pondering the idea.
PS1: Much activity and a great idea from Mihai on the Musicblog lately. Check it out: http://www.musicblog.ro/
I'm hearing images, I'm seeing songs
No poet has ever painted
Voices call out to me, straight to my heart
So strange yet we're so well acquainted
I let the music speak, with no restraints
I let my feelings take over
Carry my soul away into the world
Where beauty meets the darkness of the day
(ABBA, I let the music speak)

No comments:
Post a Comment