The Good and the Better
Most people in business think that the key to being successful is sticking to facts. Though I couldn't disagree with the profoundly Cartesian era we are living in, I still prefer solving more difficult situations by handling them with care and understanding.
For my part, I believe in us all being humans in spite of all and having the ability of grasping states of matters much better when they are explained on a one-to-one level. Contrary to what you may think – people do understand, even if they are in high business and wear a neck tie that may parachute them miles upwards from where you stand. Just state the facts, state the effects, state your mindset and the way to a solution will ensue. Much harm is done nowadays by the stiffness in procedural matters – things are simpler than that. Granted, some arguments may crush the other and bring you to what you wish for... but on the long run, they will not keep your relationship running.
So instead of going for the better all the time, stick with the good for a change. This might be the solution for things to work out best.
Well, excuse me, guess I've mistaken you for somebody else,
Somebody who gave a damn,
Somebody more like myself.
(Jewel, Foolish Games)
No comments:
Post a Comment