The "I Am Not A Feminist" series vol. 1
A few days ago, a dear one told me he'd got himself a new mobile phone. Great, I said, what sort of one? He told me what it was (I have no idea about mobile phones) and I asked: Does it at least look good? So he laughed and said You are such a woman who cares what it looks like it's a technical jewel and it's got GPS and... and... and it does... Aha I said (whatever...)
So here are a few reasons why I am really glad that I am a woman:
¬ First of all I need not know anything about mobile phones :) (because I can ask just about any of my friends and they will get me catalogues with explanations);
¬ Then, I need not know anything about cars (the same, guys are so happy when they are explaining the differences that I don't even need to bother with the information);
¬ Men open the door for me, which is great because I need not take my mittens off;
¬ For special occasions I get bunches of flowers – and sometimes I get flowers just because;
¬ I can wear jeans, a white blouse and Converses or a deux-pieces and high heels and look as good;
¬ Elder gentlemen greet me first and call me “domnisoara” (equivalent to mademoiselle);
¬ When it rains, I always get the umbrella;
¬ On the way to lunch, I can spend five minutes in a jewellery shop and help a friend choose earrings;
¬ I can make other women compliments on how they look without being fretted at;
¬ I can receive compliments with a big smile and make someone's day;
¬ Sometimes, when I feel sad, just shopping clothes or books gets me back on track;
¬ I can feel good about myself just because a stranger smiled to me on the subway...
Wanna please wanna keep wanna treat your woman right
Not just told but to show that you know she is worth your time
You will lose if you choose to refuse to put her first
She will if she can't find a man who knows her worth, mhmn
(Alicia Keys, A Woman's Worth)
2 comments:
Why I love being a man.
01. Men Are Just Happier People!
02. What do you expect from such simple creatures!?
03. Your last name stays put.
04. The garage is all yours.
05. Wedding plans take care of themselves.
06. Chocolate is just another snack.
07. You can be president.
08. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
09. Car mechanics tell you the truth.
10. You never have to drive to another gas station because this one's just
too icky.
11. Same work, more pay.
12. Wrinkles add character.
13. Wedding dress - $5000 tux rental - $100.
14. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
15. The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
16. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
17. One mood, ALL the time.
18. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
19. You know stuff about tanks.
20. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
21. You can open all your own jars.
22. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
23. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend...
24. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
25. Everything on your face stays its original color.
26. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
27. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
28. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
29. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades (decades, in my case :-)).
30. You don't have to shave below your neck.
31. Your belly usually hides your big hips.
32. One wallet and one pair of shoes, one color, all seasons.
33. You can "do" your nails with a pocketknife.
34. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
35. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives, on December 24, in 45
minutes.
excellent! :-) we shall also blog about this. after all, the best thing is to acknowledge and accept the differences between us for what they are: they bring us closer together and make us feel good about each other! (leave aside bullshit like the battle of sexes etc etc)
Post a Comment